You count on Cat® Marine power for reliability and long service life, and we offer the coverage to meet and exceed your expectations. Extended Service Coverage (ESC) for new, used and overhauled pleasure craft engines and generator sets protects your investment and your peace of mind. Choosing coverage is as simple as following these four steps:
1. Choose From a Variety of Coverage Options
Pick the extended protection option that fits your situation.
- NEW ESC: Coverage for marine pleasure craft engines, generator sets or Cat controls is available in 36- to 60-month terms, in 12-month increments, if purchased before the end of your original factory warranty.
- ADVANTAGE ESC: Coverage is available after the end of the original factory warranty period in 12- to 60-month terms, in 12-month increments, and before the first overhaul. Your marine pleasure craft engine or generator set is eligible once it passes a qualifying inspection performed by an authorized Cat dealer in accordance with the Advantage Certification Inspection Worksheet.
- OVERHAUL PROTECTION FOR COMMERCIAL ESC: Coverage is available for 12- to 60-month terms, in 12-month increments. Your marine pleasure craft engine or generator set is eligible once a qualifying overhaul has been completed by an authorized Cat dealer in accordance with the OPC Certification Worksheet.
- CAT THREE60 PRECISION CONTROL COVERAGE: New ESC coverage is available on all Three60 components in 36- to 60-month terms, in 12-month increments, if purchased before the end of the original factory warranty
2. Identify Your Coverage Needs
Identify the age and current operating hours of your engine or generator set since delivery or overhaul.
Then calculate your annual hours of usage and choose the ESC coverage that best fits your needs.
3. Choose Your Coverage Level
Choose from our Platinum and Platinum Plus coverage levels to get the protection you need.
Platinum Plus coverage covers all components covered by Platinum coverage plus Cat Marine Controls, Cat Marine Displays (excludes Engine Vision) as well as additional Cat components, having a Cat part number, installed by an authorized dealer and approved using the Platinum Plus Additional Coverage Component List and Approval Verification form.
4. Purchase and Register Your ESC
Finally, work with your local Cat dealer to complete the process—and get the protection and peace of mind you deserve.
Download our flyer to get detailed information about the coverage and allowances available as part of our ESC options.